Freelance Customer Success Manager (Microsoft 365)
Want to change the way the world gets work done? We are looking for freelance* Customer Success Managers (CSM), specifically for Microsoft 365.
Cloud Productivity solutions like Microsoft 365 (SharePoint, Yammer, Teams, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business, Exchange) provide our clients with an opportunity to do work differently, allowing them to be and stay more productive on the go. The freelance CSM coaches our clients so that they can make the most of that opportunity and maximize the return on their cloud investments via sustainable adoption and usage.
The freelance CSM does this by:
- Providing the client with inspiration of areas that would add value for them, by understanding the client’s business context and challenges and telling relevant stories
- Being a broker who provides the client with connections to networks of people and resources that would accelerate their rate of adoption, including other clients, Microsoft resources and solutions, and relevant customer communities
- Acting as a source of curation of materials relevant to the customer’s journey through enterprise social, including helping the customer understand how to maximize their own contribution to the broader community
- Maintaining strong working relationships with Microsoft customer facing personnel in the Sales, Services, Marketing and Product Management teams as well as our various internal Partner resources
- Drive customer adoption and success with our clients
- Be comfortable at both consulting with and negotiating with senior executives, backed by a strong understanding of their business objectives
- Work closely with the Partner and Microsoft account management team to help drive overall success
- Build and maintain strong relationships with multiple contacts within the assigned clients, including executive roles
The key to this role is being able to articulate Business Value, and inspire and sell the future of Microsoft 365. As a trusted advisor and coach, the CSM determines how Microsoft 365 products can be effectively applied to support achievement of a company’s strategic business goals, as such the ability to discuss business challenges and opportunities with those on the front line of organizations. The freelance CSM should possess strong application functional expertise, expertise in business application deployment cycles, as well as strong account management expertise
- 3+ years’ relevant work experience
- Social Business / Collaboration savvy and passion
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365 (SharePoint, Yammer, Teams, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business, Exchange)
- Experience with SaaS project implementation
- A thorough understanding of what drives cloud Adoption through Business Value
- Ability to converse confidently at all levels within a customer, including HR/Corp Comms lines of business and IT
- Experience building successful trusted advisor relationships
- Proven experience in managing large, complex project implementations
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- BA/BS degree. MBA preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel 20-30%, as needed.
- Know or become familiar with the ResponsiveOrg philosophy here: http://www.responsive.org/ and be willing to execute upon its basic premise in this role
the plat4m group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
*According to the IRS, the general rule is that an individual is an independent contractor if the payer has the right to control or direct only the result of the work and not what will be done and how it will be done. The earnings of a person who is working as an independent contractor are subject to Self-Employment Tax. If you are an independent contractor, you are self-employed. To find out what your tax obligations are, visit the Self-Employed Tax Center.